The National Federation of the Blind believes in investing in the future by supporting the college education of deserving legally blind students. Our state and national scholarship programs are the most generous in the country. We urge you to apply to both.
The National Federation of the Blind offers thirty scholarships annually to blind students from across the United States. Any legally blind, full-time college or graduate student may apply, as well as graduating high school seniors who will be attending college full-time in the Fall of 2023. Check out www.nfb.org/scholarships for eligibility information and to apply!
The National Federation of the Blind of Tennessee awards as many as three (3) scholarships each year at its annual state convention to Tennessee residents. This scholarship is open to individuals pursuing a full-time or part-time (minimum of 6 hours) program at a college/university, certificate program, or vocational/trade school.
The deadline for state scholarship applications is March 5, 2023. All finalists must attend the entire convention of the National Federation of the Blind of Tennessee, to be held April 21-23 in Chattanooga, TN. The NFBTN scholarship program is our investment in the future of blind people who demonstrate scholastic aptitude, leadership, and service. All blind high school and college students are encouraged to apply!
Who is Eligible
The following requirements apply to all applicants:
- Must be legally blind (PDF) in both eyes.
- Must be a resident of the state of Tennessee.
- Must participate in the entire NFBTN State Convention.
- GPA requirements for High School Graduating Seniors 2.8
- GPA requirements for College students 3.2
- Personal Essay (this should include your philosophy about blindness)
- Proof of Blindness
- Letter from a Federation State Official. Please contact the scholarship chairperson at email@example.com to set up a meeting with a state official.
- Two Letters of Recommendation (please send this link to whom you would like to use as your letter of recommendation) https://form.jotform.com/230077564486160
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. All application files must be received by March 5, 2023 to be considered.