We have a jam packed and exciting agenda including NFB philosophy, trivia, door prizes, and snacks! What else could a person ask for? We will collect annual chapter dues after the meeting. Sheila and Tyler will collect dues, registration for convention, and the money for the t-shirts that you already ordered with Sheila. We look forward to seeing you Saturday! Here is the agenda:
Nashville Chapter Agenda February 16, 2019
Please note: While the best experience you will have is by attending our meetings in person, we understand that sometimes due to illness, business, transportation barriers that attending in person is not always possible. Thus, we want to provide alternatives so that you can still join us and participate with either our chapter meeting line or Facebook Live Feed. Here are the details:
Meeting Line Details:
857-232-0158; Access code 253955
Facebook page and “live” feed:
OFFICIAL PLEDGE OF THE NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND
I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the National Federation of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind; to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its Constitution.
“If you can’t fly, then run. If you can’t run, then walk. If you can’t walk, then crawl. But whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward.” -Martin Luther King Jr.
- Breaking news from the Washington Seminar #NFBInDC
- New and improved Federation website
- Promoting NFB summer programs
- Launch of pilot testing for HathiTrust access program
- A Dream Makers Circle update
- Thank you to chapters contributing to our monthly giving program
Approval of Last Month’s Minutes
Approval of Current Agenda
Public Relations Report/Social Media
4 new members last month!
- Will send out DD stipend for national convention
- Update will go out regarding transportation for convention-shuttle Thursday and Friday, returning Sunday
- Now can register for the national convention for July. Reminder of chapter stipend to members
- Meeting setup with Representative Cooper to discuss NFB national and state agendas
- Raffle tickets for purchase-1 for $10, 3 for $20; winner receives $2,500
- Chapter dues
- State convention highlights: TAGDU, Parents of Blind Children, exhibit hall, Joe Ruffalo- national representative, scholarship
- Idea- Nashville NFB Step Challenge
Can You Step It Up?
- Dr. David Martin-TSB superintendent
- Pay dues, state convention registration, raffle tickets, or t-shirts after meeting.
- Vanda Pharmaceuticals
- Vanderbilt Eye Institute
- Woodman of the World Life Insurance
Stay tuned to emails regarding upcoming meetings and schedule
- Be sure to welcome everyone at our meetings, including old and new faces.
- Make a call, send an email, mail a card to individuals not present at the meeting.
- Let’s go build the federation with love, hope, and determination-turning dreams into realities!
^^^^ Want to make a donation or join our Nashville chapter? You can easily pay your $15 annual dues on Pay Pal! Send your tax deductible donation in Pay Pal to email@example.com
Now you can make donations and pay your dues on Venmo! Type NashvilleNFB and the amount you want to send for no fees or charges!
Follow us Twitter! Here is our link:
Follow us on Twitter at:
The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.
Together with love, hope, and determination, we transform dreams into reality.