The National Federation of the Blind believes in investing in the future by supporting the college education of deserving legally blind students. Our state and national scholarship programs are the most generous in the country. We urge you to apply to both.
The National Federation of the Blind offers thirty scholarships annually to blind students from across the United States. Any legally blind, full-time college or graduate student may apply, as well as graduating high school seniors who will be attending college full-time in the Fall of 2023. Check out www.nfb.org/scholarships for eligibility information and to apply!
The National Federation of the Blind of Tennessee awards as many as three (3)
scholarships totaling $2,500 dollars each year at its annual state convention to
Tennessee residents who are blind. This scholarship is open to individuals pursuing a
full-time or part-time (minimum of 6 hours) program at a college/university, certificate
program, or vocational/trade school.
State scholarship applications will be accepted from December 1, 2023 to March 1,
2024. All finalists must attend the entire convention of the National Federation of the
Blind of Tennessee, to be held in the Spring in middle Tennessee. The
NFBTN scholarship program is our investment in the future of blind people who
demonstrate scholastic aptitude, leadership, and service. All blind high school and
college students are encouraged to apply. Applicants do not have to be members of the
NFB of Tennessee.
Who is Eligible?
The following requirements apply to all applicants:
- Must be legally blind (PDF) in both eyes.
- Must be a resident of the state of Tennessee
- Must participate in the entire NFBTN State Convention.
- Must complete all items on the Application Checklist:
2. Write an essay, PowerPoint, or 4- to 6-minute video presentation highlighting the applicant’s personal and academic achievements, challenges they have had to overcome, and how they have approached their blindness in overcoming any challenges.
4. Proof of Blindness form
5. Letter from a Federation state board member. Please contact the scholarship chairperson at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a meeting with a state board member.
6. 2 Letters of Recommendation https://form.jotform.com/233367090280151 (please send this link to whom you would like to use as your letter of
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com